Broken into three fictional stories, Pulp Fiction is a movie you won’t want to miss a second of. As most Quentin Tarantino films go, even when paying the closest of attention, you might have to watch it a few times just to figure out what the heck is going on.
Jules Winnfield and Vincent Vega are two hitmen working for mob boss Marsellus Wallace. While on a mission to retrieve a suitcase stolen from Wallace, Vega is also responsible for entertaining Wallace’s wife, Mia, while he is out of town. To Vega’s luck, Mia ends up overdosing on cocaine and barely escapes death.
Butch Coolidge is a boxer who’s getting old fast. He is paid by Wallace to throw his next fight but instead accidentally kills his opponent and keeps the money. When Wallace and Coolidge stumble into a weaponry shop trying to kill each other, Coolidge ends up saving Wallace from a dreadful fate. The two agree to never speak of the incident again, and Coolidge makes plans to flee town.
Honey Bunny and Pumpkin are lovebirds as well as partners in crime. The couple is at a restaurant discussing the pros and cons of robbing banks when they decide to rob the restaurant right then and there. Thanks to Jules, a successful robbery won’t be easy. Watch as these seemingly unrelated stories come together in a funny, bizarre and shocking manner. Afterwards (or during) whip up a couple of vanilla milkshakes.
Vanilla Milkshake Recipe
by Chef John Christenson
- 2 Cups Vanilla Bean or opt for French Ice cream
- 2 Cups Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 ¼ Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 6 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- For the whip cream workout start by adding chilled Whipping Cream into a large mixing bowl, 2 tablespoons powdered sugar and ¼ teaspoon Vanilla Extract. Whisk the mixture vigorously until the mixture forms a peak. Pulling the whisk up out of the cream will result in a peak, letting you know you are good to go. Wrap and chill in the fridge.
- For the shake combine Ice Cream, Whole Milk, 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract and 4 tablespoons powdered sugar in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour as desired in to a glass of your liking, dollop with Whipped Cream, a cherry if you like and a Mint leaf for that extra little bit of love. Drink, Enjoy, Sleep!
Cooking time: 35 minutes. – Servings: 6. – Back to Top