Big is a fantasy film directed by Penny Marshall, and stars Tom Hanks as Josh Baskin, a young boy who makes a wish “to be big” to a magical wishing machine and is then aged to adulthood overnight. Between eating ears of baby corn kernel-by-kernel and his putrid reaction to tasting beluga caviar, Josh Baskin (played by Tom Hanks), certainly shows his true age in this scene.
Enjoy the movie with this healthy warm Corn Chowder Salad with Bacon and Cider Vinegar
- 4 slice(s) (4 ounces) thick-cut bacon, cut crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 pound(s) Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 8 ear(s) corn, kernels removed
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderately low heat, stirring a few times, until it is crisp, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to paper towels and let drain.
- Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of the bacon fat in the skillet. Add the potatoes and cook over moderate heat until they start to brown, about 3 minutes. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes longer, until almost tender. Add the diced red peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes and peppers are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the corn kernels and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl and stir in the onion, cider vinegar, crushed red pepper, and bacon. Season the salad with salt and serve.