Two guys from the U.K., Graeme and Clive, take a vacation to the United States. They are very excited to be going to one of the biggest nerd fests, Comicon the comic book convention. While they are at Comicon, they get a chance to meet one of their favorite comic book writers.
After participating in all the delights of the comic book convention, Graeme and Clive head out to take a cross country tour of all the alien related landmarks in the United States. They are eager to visit every single one before heading back home. On their way by Area 51, they decide to stop at a restaurant called Little Aleinn, where Graeme partakes in their specialty drink, a lime milkshake with a sparkler, before getting back on the road. Suddenly, as they are driving along the road in their RV on their way to the next location, they are nearly run off the road by a crazy driver, who ends up crashing his own vehicle. Clive and Graeme get out of the RV to see if the driver is alright, only to discover the driver is Paul, an alien.
After hearing about Paul’s situation, Graeme and Clive decide to help him get to a place where he can signal for his ship to come and take him back to his home planet. Driving along, they soon realize that they are being chased by the government officials, who want Paul dead. Throughout the entire trip, Paul, Graeme, and Clive are always careful and on the lookout for all the people that are chasing them.
Along the way Graeme and Clive make new friends and learn new things about themselves and each other. The road trip turns into a faith shattering, love growing, hope filled adventure as Paul tries to make his way home where he belongs.
Key Lime Milkshake Recipe
by Chef John Christenson
Share this delicious recipe:
- 4 Cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 Cup Yogurt Favored Drink
- ½ Cup Limeade Concentrate-Frozen
- Juice of 2 Key Limes
- Add all the ingredients in a blender. Blend till creamy and smooth. If too thick add some Yogurt drink. This refreshing beverage is great all summer long, even all year long! The Yogurt drink brings out the subtle tartness of the lime as well as the sweetness. Add a Lime slice for garnish or serve as is. Warning, may be addictive.
Cooking time: 10 minutes. – Servings: 2 – Back to Top
With his heat vision, unbelievable strength and super bark, Bolt is a heroic dog that can take down any challenge to save his beloved human, Penny. Battling the evil green-eyed man and his cohort of fierce felines, he will go to any odds to make sure his Penny is safe. What Bolt doesn’t know, however, is that he is the main character in a popular television show. When a dramatic cliffhanger has his precious Penny being captured by the man with the green eye, Bolt embarks on a mission to bring her back.
His valiant attempt lands him in trouble though. Unaware that he has entered the real world where he is no longer a super dog with incredible powers, he gets shipped far from his Los Angeles home to the gritty streets of New York. When his powers fail him, he concludes that the dastardly styrofoam pieces have weakened him. His determination is still unwavering. He tracks down an alley cat names Mittens, an assumed accomplice of the green-eyed man. Mittens is terribly resistant, but after discovering the Bolt resides in Hollywood, she grabs the nearest map, one all the Waffle World’s from the east to west coast, and points him in the direction of his home. Bolt then takes her hostage as they track down Penny.
They catch a ride out west and gain another companion; a hamster named Rhino. Rhino, Bolt’s biggest fan, petitions to join their team and Bolt accepts. Shortly after, Rhino absently informs Mittens that he’s seen Bolt’s powers on the “magic box” that humans watch. Mittens tries to convince Bolt that he is not a super dog, but he refuses to believe her. He still has Penny to save, and he must keep his will strong if he ever wishes to see her again.
As the trio get closer to Los Angeles, Bolt finally realizes that he is not a super dog. Seemingly defeated, Rhino draws back Bolt’s determined spirit and he is off once again to find Penny. However, Mittens has cast doubt in his mind that Penny is just an actress and does not really love Bolt. Only when he sees Penny with another dog resembling himself does he accept this fact. Penny still misses Bolt deeply though, and when she is in real danger, Bolt must put aside his grief and rescue her or risk never seeing her again.
by Chef John Christenson
Share this delicious recipe:
- 2 ¼ Cup AP Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Iodized Salt
- 2 Eggs-Beaten
- 2 Cups Buttermilk
- 8 Tbsp. or 1 stick of Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp. Lemon Juice
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Melt the butter; add the Buttermilk and Eggs together, whisk till incorporated. Add the rest of the wet ingredients, mix as well.
- Add the wet and dry ingredients together, being sure to scrape the sides. Follow the instructions on your waffle maker and get ready to enjoy some light and savory waffles.
Cooking time: 10 minutes. – Servings: 1-4. – Back to Top
They say that every family has a black sheep, and for the Vikings on the island of Berk, that black sheep is Hiccup. Hiccup is the son of the chief Viking, Stoick, and wants desperately to be a dragon slayer like the rest of his village. However, his small stature and clumsy nature makes his attempts end in disaster. Instead, Hiccup works with Gobber, the blacksmith, to engineer weapons to kill the dragons.
During one brutal dragon attack, Hiccup unleashes one of his contraptions and successfully takes down a dragon of the most notoriously dangerous breed, a Night Fury. Unfortunately, no one sees this and Hiccup is once again placed at the bottom of the heap. Subsequently, his father signs him up for dragon killing lessons with Gobber and other village children. Between lessons, he goes searching for the dragon he has captured.
When he comes face to face with the dragon, intent on killing it, he realizes he cannot and instead sets the beast free. The dragon pins Hiccup to the ground, but lets him live. Later, Hiccup revisits the area where the dragon has fallen and notices that he cannot fly due to an injured tail wing. Hiccup befriends the dragon and transfers the knowledge he gains about what makes the dragon happy, scared and angry to his lessons with Gobber.
Upon subsequent returns, Hiccup names the dragon Toothless due to his retractable teeth. After falling into Toothless’s good graces, Hiccup fashions together a prosthetic tail and riding gear so the two can fly together. Hiccup becomes convinced that dragons can be domesticated, but his pleas to his father and village fall on deaf ears. He must convince his village that dragons do not need to be their enemies, but he is running out of time as his father organizes a hunting party using a chained-up Toothless to lead the way to the dragon lair.
Beef Stew Recipe
by Chef John Christenson
Share this delicious recipe:
- 1 lb of Chuck Meat
- 1 Small Bag of Fingerling Potatoes
- 3 Medium Carrots – Peeled
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 1 Bag Pearl Onions
- 1 Leek
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- Bunch of Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
- ½ Bottle of Red Zinfandel
- 4 Cups Beef Stock
- 1 Small Can Tomato Paste
- 2 oz. 100% Cocoa Chocolate
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
- Soak the Pearl onions in water, this will help peeling them. Chop the Celery, Carrot, Leek into 1 inch slices, wash thoroughly in cold water. With a Paring Knife, slice the ends and tips off the Onions, peel away the first layer, continue till finished.
- In a deep sauce pot, heat enough Oil to cover the base. Season the meat thoroughly with salt and pepper. Add and brown till there is a nice deep crust. Remove from the pot; add in the Vegetables and Garlic. When browned, add in the Tomato Paste and sauté till well incorporated. Deglaze the pot with the Zinfandel, add the beef stock and the Thyme and Bay leaves. Cook covered for about 45 minutes on med heat, or until the potatoes are fork tender. Remove the lid and let the liquid reduce. Add the Chocolate for richness and to give the sauce a nice sheen. Remove the thyme and bay leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper if necessary. Serve and enjoy with friends or family for a comfortable movie night. Bon Appetit!
Cooking time: 45 minutes. – Servings: 4-6. – Back to Top
Harold Lee and Kumar Patel are two class act stoners who after watching a tantalizing food commercial set out to satisfy their munchies by finding a White Castle fast food chain. From here follows a journey for the infamous sliders they desire, encountering many unexpected obstacles along the way, including the fact that the restaurant has relocated since their last visit.
Kumar is a medical student under his parent’s wishes, however would settle for something much less ambitious if the choice was his. He is also extremely messy and disorganized, whereas his pal and partner in burger-crime is the exact opposite. Harold is in love with his Latin next door neighbor, Maria, but hasn’t had the courage to tell her, and is distracted by this throughout the trip.
They get bitten by wild animals, they pick up hitch-hikers, and are propositioned to be sexually intimate with a skinhead’s wife. But despite these challenges there is still light at the end of the tunnel.
So what could this recipe possibly be? You got it, sliders. Don’t go to White Castle, they are just as easily made at home.
Share this delicious recipe:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 24 dinner rolls, split
- 1/2 cup sliced pickles
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix together ground beef and onion soup mix in a large skillet; cook and stir over medium-high heat until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease. Remove from heat. Stir the mayonnaise and cheese into ground beef mixture.
- Lay the bottoms of the rolls on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the cheese and beef mixture on the bottom half of each roll. Replace the tops. Cover with another sheet of aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake until the burgers are heated through and cheese melts, about 30 minutes. Serve with sliced pickles.
Cooking time: 40 minutes. – Servings: 6. – Back to Top
Mr. Fox is nothing less than fantastic. His forte? Wild outings of hen-heckling, turkey-stealing and cider-snatching from local farmers and big time corporations. But when he and the beautiful Mrs. Fox get caught in a fox trap, his fantastic days are over. Now there’s a baby fox on the way and it’s time for Mr. Fox to buckle down and get serious. Under his wife’s strict orders, he picks up a much safer job as a newspaper columnist.
Two years later Mr. and Mrs. Fox are living in a hole with their troubled son, Ash. To put it simply, Ash is a little “different” and his father doesn’t exactly make things any better for him. To make matters worse, Ash’s cousin, Kristofferson, comes to live with them when his father falls ill and is seemingly superior to Ash in ever way possible.
Despite their humble lifestyle, Mr. Fox is dissatisfied. His wild and rebellious ways are creeping back up on him. He just wants one more raid. And who better to steal from than the three nastiest and meanest farmers Boggis, Bunce and Bean.
Suddenly Mrs. Fox’s pantry is filled with whole hens ready to be cooked. Yes, wouldn’t it be nice if food just magically appeared? Little does she know of Mr. Fox’s side project.
Is roasted chicken on your menu? It should be! Make your dinners fantastic with this tasty recipe for roasted chicken.
Roasted Chicken Recipe
- 3 carrots
- 3 ribs celery
- 3 onions
- 1 (3 1/2 to 4 pound) chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked white pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 4 sprigs rosemary, roughly chopped, plus 1 tablespoon for gravy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- In a 9 by 13-inch roasting pan, add the carrots, celery and onions. Season the chicken both inside and out with the kosher salt and white pepper. Squeeze the lemon halves over the chicken and place the rinds inside the cavity. Place the bay leaves inside the cavity. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, rosemary, olive oil and butter. Rub the chicken both inside and out with the garlic rosemary blend and place in the roasting pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast the chicken for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the juices run clear. To test this, insert a thermometer in the thickest part of a leg. It should register at 160 degrees internal temperature. Remove the chicken from the oven and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
- Pour off excess fat from pan and return to heat. Whisk in chicken stock, roasted garlic, white wine and chopped rosemary, scraping up the bits on the bottom of pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Reduce gravy by half, until thickened.
Cooking time: 50 minutes. – Servings: 4. – Back to Top
In a world of advancing technology, it seems anything is possible – But humans coexisting with the greatest prehistoric creatures of all time? Not a problem for Dr. Hammond, who with a team of creative scientists built a thriller “amusement park” full of living, breathing dinosaurs. But little does Hammond and his staff know of the deathly capabilities of these genetically engineered reptiles.
Upon visiting an excavation site in the Badlands of Montana, Hammond invites paleontologists Dr. Allen, Ellie Sattler and Ian Malcolm (as well as his two grandchildren) to join him at dino-island, Jurassic Park.
At first, his guests are in awe as they get a general survey of the park as well as an up-close view of a herd of dinosaurs. In store for the park’s first visitors, however, is more than just an awesome field trip, but a test for their survival.
For your inner-adventurist and sci-fi nerd, don’t miss this zoological thriller. But skip the popcorn this time. Instead, treat yourself to a bowl of green jello (or Yuzu in this recipe), what the visitors of Jurassic Park ate when they thought they were safe.
Yuzu Gelee with Asian Pear Recipe
by Chef John Christenson
Share this delicious recipe:
- 1 box/ 1oz. of Powdered Gelatin
- 4 Cups Yuzu Juice
- 2 Asian Pears, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 2-4 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 bunch, about 20 Green Grapes, sliced into thin discs
- 1 shallow Baking Pan or 6 Souffle dishes
- Follow the directions on the Gelatin package. Dissolve the Gelatin into 1 cup cold juice. Heat to a boil the remaining juice and combine. Stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. In the Baking Dish or Souffle dishes lay in a sheet of Plastic-Wrap to help remove the gelatin later. Spray in water to the inside of the dish to help adhere the Plastic-Wrap and to smooth out any creases.
- Pour in the Gelee mixture and then add the Pear pieces. Leave about a ¼ inch or room on the top; this will be where the grape slices go. Layer in the Grapes in an overlapping manner, starting from the inside out. Chill the Gelee until firm, an hour or more. Carefully remove the Gelee and slice or cut into squares if necessary. Garnish with sweet and tart fruits such as Berries and Grapefruit. Enjoy for a refreshing end to a meal or a healthy dessert.
Cooking time: 10 minutes. – Servings: 2-10. – Back to Top
John Travolta, William Macy, Martin Lawrence and Tim Allen star in this hysterical comedy about living life and living free. These friends are weekend-warriors who live completely different lives from one another. Doug is a dentist who has a hard time taking any time off for himself. Dudley is a computer programmer and is scared of women. Bobby works for The Firm, AKA, a plumbing company, and let’s his wife wear the pants. And then there’s Woody. The one who’s living the fantasy. His wife is a supermodel and he’s rolling in the dough…until he finds out he’s broke.
With all that aside, the one thing these guys share is passion for the open road. But over the years, each have settled down into a suburban lifestyle and are looking to bring back some edge. Known as “The Wild Hogs,” these guys zip up their leather jackets and strap on their skull caps for a cross-country motorcycle adventure. With no destination in particular, they kick their cell phones to the curb and hit the road.
Little do they know, a lot can happen on the road to nowhere. Not only does their tent go up in flames and they are found spooning by a gay cop, but they also encounter the Del Fuegos, a real bad-to-the-bone biker gang. When the Wild Hogs enter their bar, they find out very quickly that the Del Fuegos don’t take kindly to suburban wannabes. The Hogs aren’t looking for any trouble, but Woody has other plans. Will a harmless prank have them hunted down by the Del Fuegos?
In any matter, try this spicy chili recipe, inspired by Madrid, a small town the Hogs stop at along their trip. Word on the street, it’s so hot your throat will bleed. Just Kidding…
Recipe: Spicy Chili
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 habanero pepper (optional)
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons masa harina flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons white sugar (optional)
- Place the beef in a skillet over medium heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain grease.
- In a large pot, mix the beans, corn, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and water. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. In a food processor, finely chop the jalapenos, habanero, onion, and garlic. Mix into the pot. Mix in the cooked beef. Stir in masa flour. Season with cayenne pepper, chili powder, salt, black pepper, and sugar. Cook 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes. – Servings: 12. – Back to Top
In 10,000 B.C. things were a lot different from nowadays. The environment, nature, technology, life style, how about love? Love was and will always be the same. “10,000 B.C.” is a heart touching story of a male hunter, named D’Leh, who falls deeply in love with the blue-eyed girl of his village, Evolet.
Nothing can separate such a strong bond except one thing: excruciating violence. In fact, one day a cruel group of warriors attacks their village and imprisons the young woman. This is the very beginning of a long journey for you, in the past, and for D’Leh, who’s in search of revenge and of his loved one. Wrath, anger, and obstinacy are the key words in this movie and the only elements that will lead D’Leh and his people to victory.
What else is different in this era? Food. The savages eat whatever they can get, but they sure know how to enjoy it to the fullest. Picture a tasty and fat wild hog roast, no side dish and no futile ornaments. Just pure meat. Dive into the movie and the roast, and for this one time only don’t care for eating manners!
Wild Hog Roast Recipe
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 dried juniper berries,crushed
- 1/2 tesp. crushed coriander seed
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 lg. ripe tomatoes, quartered, seeded
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tbl. ground red chile
- 1 dried medium-hot red chile, crushed
- 2 tesp. salt
- 1 oz. square unsweetened chocolate, grated
- 4 lb. or 5 lb. wild hog
- Heat oil in a large heavy saucepan and saute onions in it over medium heat until soft.
- Add garlic, juniper berries, coriander seed and bay leaf and saute for 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Add tomatoes, water, vinegar, honey, ground and crushed chile and salt.
- Simmer, covered, 30 minutes. Add chocolate and simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 30 minutes, until fairly thick.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place roast fat side up in a roasting pan and baste generously with the sauce. Roast for about 3 hours, basting occasionally with sauce and pan drippings.
- Let roast sit for 10 minutes in a warm place before carving.
- Slice and spoon additional sauce over each portion.
Cooking time: 4 hours. – Servings: 12. – Back to Top
“Our Man Flint” is the original action movie. Flint is a retired secret agent, enjoying the much sought-after rest, who is called back to deal with one of the worst enemies’ planet Earth could dream of: Galaxy. You may wonder, what is Galaxy? Nothing less than an evil organization made up of three mad scientists with the same tremendous goal: mastering and controlling the world by originating artificially natural disasters.
The world’s governments are on their knees and Derek Flint is sent across the ocean to solve the problem. In one of his long and risky journeys, he finds himself in France, precisely in a strip club in Marseille. This exquisite town is noted because of its traditional bouillabaisse soup, somehow similar to fish stew. France sure knows how to cook and Flint is lucky enough to savor one steaming bowl, before getting back to action. Italy is his next stop and after that Exotica. Will he save our world? Make yourself a bowl of bouillabaisse and hope for the best!
Bouillabaisse Soup Recipe
- 2 lb (900g) mixed fish
- 1lb (450g) mussels, scrubbed and bearded
- 1/4 pint (150ml) white wine
- Olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 sticks celery, destring and chop
- 1lb (450g) peeled and thinly sliced potatoes
- 1lb (450g) peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- Sprig parsley and sprig thyme
- 2 pieces of orange peel
- Pinch of saffron strands
- Creme fraiche, double cream
- Chopped fresh parsley to serve
- Clean and cut the fish into quite substantial pieces – not too small. Heat about 3 or 4 tbspns of olive oil in a heavy based pan and fry the onions and garlic until softened.
- Add the celery and potatoes and fry for a further 2 minutes.Add the tomatoes, herbs and orange peel and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mixed fish but not any prawns you might be using and cook for a further 5 minutes. Whilst you are doing this, put the wine in a pan and add the mussels – steam until they open. Add the mussels, their juices and prawns to the soup and heat through.
- Pour into individual bowls and add a blob of cream and some fresh parsley. Serve with crusty bread, garlic bread or croutons.
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes. – Servings: 8. – Back to Top
Doughnuts are doh’licious! Who other than Homer Simpson would know better? The Simpson movie has finally landed on earth with a big and loud impact. People have been waiting for it since the first appearance of our beloved yellow American family on the little screen.
Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie are your extra-ordinary family that, against their will, ends up in the most indecent and outrageous situations. What have they done this time? D’oh! Just the most incredible adventure ever!
Springfield is dealing with environmental problems that concern the hole globe and is determined to make a change. Lisa, of course, is head of this new movement and in particular is trying to save the over-the-top polluted lake of the town. After having all the neighborhood doors slammed in her face with, Lisa is able to convince the mayor to have the lake cleaned up. For the first time in years, the citizens of Springfield are making an effort and doing their best to succeed in this “mission”.
Meanwhile Homer’s father, has a revelation about the imminent future: ”horrible things are about to happen”, “a thousand eyes” and “ trapped forever” is what he repeats infinitely. But nobody believes him and every-day life continues. Homer saves a pig and brings it home, as a new member of the family ( Spider Pork )! Part of his job is to get rid of the excrements without doing any damage to the environment. Nothing could stop Homer from his duty except his oldest weakness: yes, mmm..donuts! Once again there’s an aberration of the original plan.
Homer prefers to rush at a free donuts sale, dumping the stinky container in the lake! This leads to the banning of the Simpson family from Springfield and the occurrence of Homer’s father’s prediction. Although Alaska, the police and the government get involved, the Simpson family saves the day after all.
Whose fault? Homer’s? Absolutely not! The doughnuts are the tempters. You’ve seen them in all the episodes and they play a fundamental role in the movie. Pink, sugary and glossy: Homer loves them as well of all of us. No wonder there are doughnut eating contests all over the United States. Check out the real cartoon recipe and be tempted like Homer!
Baked Doughnut Recipe
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- Oil for deep frying
- Powdered sugar
- Mix the flour, sugar and baking powder together in a bowl. Make a well in the middle and add the eggs, milk, salt and vanilla. Beat these together and gradually work on the flour. Roll out on a floured board to about 1/4 inch or a little thinner if preferred.
- Cut the dough into 2 x 4-inch strips and simply make 3 or 4 slits in the center of each. Fry in deep oil until golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Mixing time: 60 minutes. – Servings: 2. – Back to Top