Tiana is a young New Orleans woman who has always worked hard to achieve her dreams. She works two jobs to gather the money she needs to open up her restaurant, inspired by her late father. While she is concentrating on getting her restaurant, her friend Charlotte has had only one concern her whole life: marry a prince and become a princess. When Prince Naveen comes to New Orleans it seems as though Charlotte’s dream will come true. When she asks Tiana to cater with some beignets, Tiana finally has enough money to get her restaurant.
But not all goes according to plan. Prince Naveen starts messing around with Dr. Facilier, a voodoo doctor, and becomes transformed into a frog. He pleads with Tiana to kiss him so that he will turn human again as told in The Frog Prince fairy tale book. When she finally complies, she finds that not only did Naveen not turn human, she turned into a frog instead.
Tiana and Naveen travel all around New Orleans to find a way to break the spell and turn human again. Friends join them along the way, including Louis, a jazz trumpet playing alligator and Ray, a Cajun firefly. Together they must race against time and Dr. Facilier if they ever wish to be human again.
Share this delicious recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 7 cups bread flour 1/4 cup shortening
- Nonstick spray
- Oil, for deep-frying
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Mix water, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl and let sit for 10 minutes. In another bowl, beat the eggs, salt and evaporated milk together. Mix egg mixture to the yeast mixture.
- In a separate bowl, measure out the bread flour. Add 3 cups of the flour to the yeast mixture and stir to combine. Add the shortening and continue to stir while adding the remaining flour. Remove dough from the bowl, place onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. Spray a large bowl with nonstick spray. Put dough into the bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a towel. Let rise in a warm place for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F. Add the confectioners’ sugar to a paper or plastic bag and set aside.
- Roll the dough out to about 1/4-inch thickness and cut into 1-inch squares. Deep-fry, flipping constantly, until they become a golden color. After beignets are fried, drain them for a few seconds on paper towels, and then toss them into the bag of confectioners’ sugar. Hold bag closed and shake to coat evenly.
Cooking time: 2 hours 30 minutes. – Servings: 3 dozen. – Back to Top
Flint Lockwood is a genius. Or at least he thinks he is. He’s an ambitious and clumsy inventor whose gadgets never seem to be useful or make any sense at all. In fact, he continues to use one of his strange inventions to this day; diamond spray-on shoes. Once he sprayed them on, they never came off.
Despite his flaws, he always had his mother to support him. But after her death, he is left working at his skeptical father’s Bait and Tackle shop. Not only is his father “technophobic” but he and Flint have absolutely nothing in common.
Flint’s hometown of Swallow Falls is suffering from an economic downturn. But Flint has a new invention, and to his surprise will feed the whole town. It’s called the Flint Lockwood Diatonic Super Mutating Dynamic Food Replicator. AKA: FLDSMDFR. This simple invention is nothing more than a microwave that converts water molecules into food.
After connecting the FLDSMDFR to the town’s power station, the machine absorbs too much power and takes off like a rocket. In no time, Swallow Falls isn’t raining cats and dogs, but cheeseburgers!
Cheeseburgers not in your local forecast? Not to worry. Just follow this recipe and you’ll be feasting like the people of Swallow Falls in no time.
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 1 container hamburger bread (4 buns)
- 2 packages sliced cheese
- 1 to 2 spoons barbecue sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt and pepper
- 3 packages hamburger buns
- In a skillet spray the bottom of the skillet.Let the skillet get hot.
- In a mixing bowl add the ingredients together but the cheese and hamburger buns.
- When there isn’t no more pink add the barbecue sauce. When done set the hamburgers onto an paper towl on a plate. When serving these add the cheese onto the hamburgers. Add miracle whip or mayo.
Cooking time: 20 minutes. – Servings: 3. – Back to Top
If you had to name one thing, one big event, to which a little kid looks forward all year round, what would it be? Drumroll, please – CHRISTMAS! No matter how old we are, we all wait for Christmas with the highest expectations!
The perfect example is “A Christmas Story”. The movie focuses on the all-American boy, Ralphie, and his wish to wake up on the 25th of December and find a Red Ryder BB Gun to unwrap. Not everything goes his way, though: there’s his school, his parents and Santa Claus that walk the exact opposite way.
Get ready for some unusual Chinese carolling, snow ball fights with the most terrifying bully you have much more just a click away. We all know things can get a little crazy at Christmas time! Start your countdown, and in the meantime learn how to bring some tradition in your usual holiday: watch the movie, and be inspired! Prepare the delicious roasted duck with the help of your loving family!
Roasted Duck Recipe
- 1 (5- to 6-lb) Long Island duck (also known as Pekin)
- 2 cups boiling-hot water
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 425°F.
- If necessary, cut off wing tips with poultry shears or a sharp knife. Remove and discard excess fat from body cavity and neck, then rinse duck inside and out. Prick skin all over with a sharp fork. Fold neck skin under body, then put duck, breast side up, on a rack in a 13- by 9- by 3-inch roasting pan and pour boiling-hot water over duck (to tighten skin). Cool duck, then pour out any water from cavity into pan. Pat duck dry inside and out, reserving water in pan, then rub duck inside and out with kosher salt and pepper.
- Roast duck, breast side up, 45 minutes, then remove from oven. Turn duck over using 2 wooden spoons, and roast 45 minutes more. Turn duck over again (breast side up), tilting duck to drain any liquid from cavity into pan. Continue to roast duck until skin is brown and crisp, about 45 minutes more (total roasting time: about 2 1/4 hours). Tilt duck to drain any more liquid from cavity into pan. Transfer duck to a cutting board and let stand 15 minutes before carving. Discard liquid in roasting pan.
Cooking time: 2 hours 45 minutes. – Servings: 4. – Back to Top
Mr. Fox is nothing less than fantastic. His forte? Wild outings of hen-heckling, turkey-stealing and cider-snatching from local farmers and big time corporations. But when he and the beautiful Mrs. Fox get caught in a fox trap, his fantastic days are over. Now there’s a baby fox on the way and it’s time for Mr. Fox to buckle down and get serious. Under his wife’s strict orders, he picks up a much safer job as a newspaper columnist.
Two years later Mr. and Mrs. Fox are living in a hole with their troubled son, Ash. To put it simply, Ash is a little “different” and his father doesn’t exactly make things any better for him. To make matters worse, Ash’s cousin, Kristofferson, comes to live with them when his father falls ill and is seemingly superior to Ash in ever way possible.
Despite their humble lifestyle, Mr. Fox is dissatisfied. His wild and rebellious ways are creeping back up on him. He just wants one more raid. And who better to steal from than the three nastiest and meanest farmers Boggis, Bunce and Bean.
Suddenly Mrs. Fox’s pantry is filled with whole hens ready to be cooked. Yes, wouldn’t it be nice if food just magically appeared? Little does she know of Mr. Fox’s side project.
Is roasted chicken on your menu? It should be! Make your dinners fantastic with this tasty recipe for roasted chicken.
Roasted Chicken Recipe
- 3 carrots
- 3 ribs celery
- 3 onions
- 1 (3 1/2 to 4 pound) chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked white pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 4 sprigs rosemary, roughly chopped, plus 1 tablespoon for gravy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- In a 9 by 13-inch roasting pan, add the carrots, celery and onions. Season the chicken both inside and out with the kosher salt and white pepper. Squeeze the lemon halves over the chicken and place the rinds inside the cavity. Place the bay leaves inside the cavity. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, rosemary, olive oil and butter. Rub the chicken both inside and out with the garlic rosemary blend and place in the roasting pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast the chicken for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the juices run clear. To test this, insert a thermometer in the thickest part of a leg. It should register at 160 degrees internal temperature. Remove the chicken from the oven and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
- Pour off excess fat from pan and return to heat. Whisk in chicken stock, roasted garlic, white wine and chopped rosemary, scraping up the bits on the bottom of pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Reduce gravy by half, until thickened.
Cooking time: 50 minutes. – Servings: 4. – Back to Top
“Nacho Libre” is the next movie you will watch with your friends and laugh your heads off! No doubt about that. In fact, what do you get if you put the producers of Napoleon Dynamite together again? A blast!
Ignacio, (Jack Black) has always lived in a Mexican monastery, where his parents have left him, and is now the official cook who feeds the orphans. Every single man has a dream, and so does Ignacio: he is a wrestler-to-be, wants to be respected, and bring money to his nest. Against every prognostication, he is able to wear his tight sweat pants and, not without a little entertaining misadventures, make it on the ring with the other wrestlers.
Just one tiny spoiler alert for you guys. In order to gain the strength and the power, Ignacio climbs up a cliff on the border of the sea and cracks open an eagle egg. What do you think he did next? Buy yourselves a couple of eggs, keep them raw and watch the hilarious Mexican version of Jack Black.
Eagle Eggs Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 24 eggs
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour melted butter into a glass 9×13 inch baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and salt until well blended.
- Gradually whisk in milk. Pour egg mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes, then stir, and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until eggs are set. Serve immediately.
Regular eggs will substitute eagle eggs in this recipe.
Cooking time: 35 minutes. – Servings: 12. – Back to Top
Can you think of anything more romantic than a stroll in the park and a candlelit dinner? I can’t! No date could be as sweet as this one.
The Lady and the Tramp is a Walt Disney classic and noone can resist it. Love can be found all over, also in this cute dog couple: the elegant and educated Lady and the laid back stray, known as the Tramp. Different backgrounds, different routines and attitudes, but the same big love for each other (just like in human world!).
Imagine the scene: the park at dinner time, fireflies creating hearts in the air, and love. Lady and the Tramp stop for dinner at the back entrance of an italian restaurant. Spaghetti and meatballs suddendly become the most romantic food to share with your loved one. Especially if you both end up eating the same string of spaghetti and kiss.
Recreate this scene at your place. Use a red and white checkered table cloth, set the table and don’t forget to light a candle in the center. Prepare a pot of spaghetti and meatballs and accompany it with an Italian bottle of red wine. You’re good to go!
Spaghetti Meatballs Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, garlic powder and beaten egg. Mix well and form into 12 balls. Store, covered, in refrigerator until needed.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent. Stir in tomatoes, salt, sugar and bay leaf. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 90 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, basil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and meatballs and simmer 30 minutes more. Serve.
Cooking time: 2 hours 20 minutes. – Servings: 6. – Back to Top
It’s Remy’s dream to be a great French chef. The only problem: he’s a rat. Chefs have enough problems with sanitation; throw a rat into the mix and you’ll have customers running for their lives.
Lucky for Remy, he finds himself in the sewers of Paris, right beneath a restaurant made by Auguste Gusteau, his favorite culinary hero. He enters the restaurant, and at the same time, so does Linguini, a clumsy young man who starts off as a garbage man. With the help of Remy secretly tossing in some of his own ingredients, Linguini accidentally creates a soup that is an instant hit at the restaurant. As a result, Linguini’s career as a chef begins, and Remy is left with the responsibility of upholding the standards.
Throughout the story, Remy encounters a few obstacles: proving to his family his dream can come true, finding Linguini a girl, and impressing an infamously hard to please food critic named Anton Ego, also known as “The Grim Eater.” His next project is to create the finest Ratatouille in all of France, in attempts to please this intimidating critic, and gain acceptance from his disapproving family.
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium or large eggplant, diced
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 2 medium zucchini diced into large chunks
- Add herbs as desired (try basil)
- Olive oil (enough to sauté onion/garlic)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the onion and garlic until tender. Add eggplant and tomatoes, bring to simmer. Simmer, covered for 15 minutes.
- Add zucchini. Simmer for 10-15 more minutes until vegetables are suitably soft.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the herbs, season to taste.
Cooking time: 30 minutes. – Servings: 4. – Back to Top
Glen Maverick spends his days keeping eggs warm. His brother Cody, spends his days riding waves. The 17-year-old penguin fell in love with the sport when legendary surf champ, Big Z, gave him a shell necklace and the courage to be the best.
Imagining the sun glistening on water on the coast of Cali or Hawaii? Nope, this ambitious surfer is from Shiverpool, Antarctica, riding freezing cold waves on an ice-carved board.
Ignoring his mother’s disinterest and his brother’s jealousy, Cody does whatever it takes when a surf recruiter comes to test his skills for the 10th Annual Big Z Memorial Competition, honoring Cody’s deceased hero. When there are no waves in sight, the recruiter leaves Cody and his dreams behind. But it takes more than that to stop him, so he chases after the recruit team as it swims away on a humpback whale (literally).
When Cody arrives at the tropical Pen Gu Island, he makes friends with Joe the chicken from Wisconsin and falls in love at first sight with Lani, and island lifeguard. But it doesn’t take long for him to find trouble. Tank Evans has been the surf champ ever since Big Z’s death and when Cody overhears him talking smack about his idol, he challenges him to a surf contest. He is practically eaten by the wave and wakes up on an examining table with Lani’s Uncle Geek taking care of him.
After discovering a hidden beach and surfboard hut, Cody realizes it belonged to Big Z. From here it doesn’t take him long to realize Geek is actually Big Z and he has been in the presence of his hero for days. With some help from Big Z, Cody might actually have a shot at winning the competition. You may not have the luxury of a campfire and live music by Big Z, but fried squid can still be awesome. Can you dig it?
Fried Squid Recipe
- 2-3 lb. squid
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 c. red wine
- 1 oz. dark cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large frying pan. Add cleaned squid cut into quarters or smaller if desired. Toss in olive oil. Add red wine and vinegar.
- Cook on medium heat 10 minutes. Then cover and simmer for 25 minutes until only a thick gravy is left of the juices. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cooking time: 35 minutes. – Servings: 4. – Back to Top
Kung Fu is one of the finest fighting arts and DreamWorks Animation couldn’t miss the opportunity to produce this brilliant cartoon. What we see in Kung Fu Panda is an ambitious enormous panda (Po) who dreams of practicing this noble art. But life doesn’t seem to give him what he deeply desires: his father, oddly a small goose, comes from a noodle restaurant family that passes down from one generation to the other a secret ingredient to add to the noodle soup. How can Po reveal his secret ambition in order to evade the family predestination?
Crazy coincidences and fortunate events lead him to become the Dragon Warrior with the mission of battling against the most evil and most feared Kung Fu warrior of all, just escaped from prison: Tai Lung. Nothing is impossible and he is taught an vital lesson: “Yesterday is the past, and tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift, that’s why it’s called PRESENT.” This inspires him so much, that he makes the best of this opportunity. Now, the only thing left to do is to terminate the schooling, stimulated by food (what else?), and learn the secret that beholds the power to master Kung Fu and defeat Tai Lung once and for all.
Let’s hold our breath and entrust Po as he learns his secret ingredient to Kung Fu, and we learn the secret ingredient for the delicious noodle soup that awakes China and Po’s strength: believing is key!
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 4 ounces dry Chinese noodles
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
2 green onions, chopped
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half
- 2 eggs
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Stir noodles into boiling water and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. (For a chewier texture, shock the noodles by pouring 1 cup cold water into the pot when it starts to foam, then letting it come to a boil again to finish cooking.) Drain and divide into two serving bowls.
- Meanwhile, bring chicken broth to boil in a medium saucepan with mushrooms and green onions. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and stir into boiling broth. When broth returns to a boil, crack eggs into broth. Continue to cook until chicken is no longer pink and eggs are cooked, about 10 minutes. Pour the chicken soup over the noodles in the bowls and serve immediately.
Mixing time: 30 minutes. – Servings: 2. – Back to Top