Brennan Huff is an unemployed 39-year-old living with his mom. Dale Doback is an unemployed 40-year-old living with his dad. But what happens when Mom and Dad decide to get married? These two adult losers will have to tolerate each other’s presence by not only living together, but also sharing a room.
Things shouldn’t get too heated. After all, there are some ground rules.
Rule #1: Brennan is under no circumstances allowed to EVER touch Dale’s drum set. When the temptation is too much for Brennan to handle, it ends with a bat and a golf club.
After the debacle, the boys are given a dreadful ultimatum: get jobs, or be kicked out of the house.
Did we see it coming? Dale and Brennan have more in common than they thought, and the new living situation is the start of a beautiful friendship. They turn their separate beds into bunk beds and share their deepest secrets.
When Brennan’s successful brother, Derek, comes for a visit, things really get heated. Watch as Dale and Derek get physical, which causes Derek’s wife to want to get physical with Dale.
No matter what the situation, there’s one comfort dish you can always count on. Check out this movie, and check out this awesome Macaroni and Cheese recipe. It might remind you of living at home.
Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 7 ounces macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and stir in flour. Cook for about 1 minute, until smooth and bubbly; stirring occasionally. Mix in milk, cream cheese, salt, pepper, and Dijon mustard. Continue cooking until sauce is thickened.
- Add cooked macaroni and Cheddar cheese.
- Pour into 2 quart casserole dish. In small bowl mix together bread crumbs, butter and parsley; spread over macaroni and cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
Cooking time: 40 minutes. – Servings: 6. – Back to Top